欧路尔

标题: 新西兰和中国,我在你眼中到底是什么样子 [打印本页]

作者: 三公分    时间: 2016-11-16 22:07
标题: 新西兰和中国,我在你眼中到底是什么样子

“How do New Zealanders view Chinese people? ”

新西兰人如何看中国人呢?

(, 下载次数: 16)

This is a really popular question thatChinese friends ask me, and whenever someone asks me this question, thesethoughts come into my head:

这是一个我中国朋友们常常问我的问题。每当有人问我这个问题,这些想法就进入我的脑海:

Why are you asking?

How can all NZ people think the same thing?

If the answer is negative, what can you doabout it?

How well do I know my kiwi friends?为什么真么问?

新西兰人应该不会有一个统一的想法吧?

如果答案是否定的,你能做些什么呢?

我的新西兰朋友会怎么想呢?

These questions in my head may or may nothave an answer … but let me answer the question I was asked:

在我这儿,这些问题可能不会有一个同意答案......但如果让我说,我就会回答:

How do New Zealanders view Chinese people?

新西兰人如何看中国人呢?

First of all, though, some disclaimers. Notall New Zealanders are the same, even though we have a very small population.

首先,要说一些免责声明。即使我们是个小的人口的国家,但并非所有新西兰人都有一样的想法哦。

New Zealand is actually two countries inone: Auckland and the rest of the world.

(, 下载次数: 16)

新西兰实际上是两个国家:一个是奥克兰,一个是“除了奥克兰”。

Auckland (my hometown) is one of theworld's most diverse cities. So if you ask an Aucklander what they think ofChinese people, chances are, they will have actually met a Chinese person!

奥克兰(我的家乡)是世界上最多元化的城市之一。所以,如果你问一个奥克兰人:他们认为中国人什么样子,其实他们可能立马就碰到一个中国人!

But outside of Auckland, the population is70% white, and less likely to know any detail of Chinese culture. Recently,they are more and more likely to have met Chinese tourists, but as you probablyknow, that's not really knowing someone, it's just seeing someone.

但奥克兰以外,白人人口是70%,他们并不太可能了解中国文化的任何细节。现如今他们对中国游客倒是很熟悉,但你知道的,这样不能真正了解一个人,只是看到人。

Also, different age groups will havedifferent ways of thinking. Our elders aged 60+ grew up in a white world, andmany of them are now perplexed by the array of cultures we have in New Zealandnow.

此外,不同的年龄段会有不同的思维方式。我们的60+岁老人在白人世界里长大,很多人由于新西兰当前的文化冲突产生了不少困惑。

Younger generations are much more likely toknow Chinese people, and Indian people, and Middle Eastern people, and Russianpeople, and and and… but just knowing someone doesn't mean you understand them.So, it's a very interesting question, this one. How do New Zealand people seeChinese people?

年轻一代更容易了解中国人、印度人、中东的人、俄罗斯人,以及各国的人......只是“知道”人并不意味着“理解”。所以,这是一个非常有趣的问题。新西兰人如何看中国人呢?

So … I hope I haven't hurt anyone'sfeelings with this list. It reflects the honest feelings I have heard from myfellow New Zealanders.

所以......我希望我没有伤害任到何人的感情。它反映了我的同胞的真实感受。

I think a lot of the negative ideas comefrom ignorance. That's why I'm doing my best to present Chinese culture andsociety to my fellow kiwis on my Facebook, YouTube and Twitter.

我认为,很多负面观点都来自无知。这就是为什么我试图把最好的中国文化和社会状况呈现在Facebook,YouTube和Twitter上让新西兰人看到。

What do Chinese people think of New Zealanders?

中国人对新西兰人有什么看法?

Yesterday I also asked, what do Chinesepeople think of New Zealanders?

昨天我也问过大家:中国人对新西兰人有什么看法?

Haha… ok, I'm just kidding. In fact, bothof these are two sides of the same coin! Yes, we are a very relaxed peoplebecause our climate is moderate, and our population size is small. Because ofthis, we haven't experienced the intense work ethic that Chinese peopleexperience from childhood.

哈哈...好吧,我只是开玩笑。事实上,就像同一枚硬币的两面!是的,我们是一群非常轻松愉悦的人,因为我们的气候适中,我们的人口规模小,因此,我们没有经历过中国人从童年经历的激烈竞争。

I want to get us thinking beyond simple'good and bad' … these are simply characteristics, with good and bad aspects.What makes it good or bad is HOW WE USE IT.

我想让大家的思考范围超越简单的“好和坏”...事情有好的和坏的方面这些只是特性。能够驾驭好或坏的其实是“我们如何利用它”。

欢迎光临 欧路尔 (https://www.oluer.com/) Powered by Discuz! X3.4